PTE Writing essay questions
PTE writing section is divided into two sections. Part 1 and Part 2. Part 2 is essay writing.
Frequently asked essay questions:
- Do you think consumers should avoid over-packaged products or is it the responsibility of
- Many people think that regions affect a successful person. What is your opinion about native
region and accomplished person’s influence on the region he belongs to.
- Roles of governments, companies, and individuals to combat climate change
- The idea of going overseas for a university degree is an exciting prospect for many people.
But while it may offer some advantages, it is probably better to stay home because of the
difficulties a student inevitably encounters living and studying in a different culture. To what
extent do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer. /// "Value added by travel in
Education Is travel a necessary component of education or not? Will scholar sitting at home
have more knowledge than one who travels? " /// Travel to study is overrated; we have
brilliant scholars who studied locally. Is travel really required for higher studies?
- Some people think placing advertisements in schools is a great resource for public schools
that need additional funding, but others think it exploits children by treating them as a
captive audience for corporate sponsors. Choose which position you most agree with and
discuss why you chose that position. Support your point of view with details from your own
experiences, observations or reading.
- The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education- Einstein. What does he mean
by that? And do you think he is correct?
- Money on space expeditions
- Nowadays TV has become an essential part of life. Medium to spread news & awareness
and for some, it acts as a companion. What is your opinion about this?
Television has many useful functions to play in everyone’s life, for some its relaxation, for
some it is the companion. Discuss your viewpoint and support your answer with examples and
Do you agree or disagree that Mass Media, Like TV, Radio and Newspaper have a huge impact
on people, especially young generation? Please comment.
- 9) Talk about pros/cons of this era as it is full of daily inventions
- What are the greatest inventions of the 20th century among medicine, the airplane and
Any recent invention that you think proved beneficial or detrimental to society
In the past 100 years, there have been many inventions such as antibiotics, airplanes, and
computers. What do you think is the most important of them? Why?
Greatest invention in the last 100 years, medicine, science or technology;
- In underdeveloped countries, tourism has disadvantages and can be said the opposite as
- Communication has changed significantly in the last 10 years. Discuss pros and cons
The information revolution has changed the way of mass communications and had some negative
and positive effects on individual lives as well as on society. To what extent do you agree or
- " Marketing strategy for big companies should be placed on offer and discounts, and in
what ways this can impact on their reputation
- “In a war of ideas, it is people who get killed”. Does a common man suffer from a group’s
ideology? Express your opinion, and support the same with reasons and examples.
- Tobacco, mainly in the form of cigarettes is one of the most widely used drugs in the
world. Over a billion adults legally smoke tobacco every day. The long-term health costs are
high- for the smokers themselves, and for the wider community in terms of health care costs
and lost productivity.
Do Governments have a legitimate role to protect citizens from the harmful effects of their own
decisions to smoke, or are such decisions up to an individual?"
- The claim that animals have “rights” has been the subject of much debate since the 1970s.
Are zoos helping or hurting our animals? Should zoos be banned? Do you agree or disagree?
- In some countries around the world, voting is compulsory. Do you agree with the notion of
compulsory voting? If Voting is compulsory in the democratic society, what conclusions can we
draw about ‘Nature of democracy?’
- Learning a new language at an early age is helpful for children. Is it more positive for their
future aspect or have some adverse effects. Agree or disagree?
- Imitating celebrities in sports and movies good or bad?
- Is it usually foolish to get married before completing your studies and getting established
in a good job? Do you agree or disagree"?
- Nowadays, people spend too much time at work to the extent that they hardly have time for
their personal life. Discuss.
- Large shopping malls are replacing small shops. Your opinion? Good or bad
- In the education system, assessment through formal written examination still valid?
- The environment we live in is in danger due to various problems. What are the underlying
causes? Who is responsible to combat this? What measures?
- Smoking causes serious damage to the society. Some people suggest that smoking
should be banned completely? Discuss.
- It is a moral duty of developed countries to provide aid to poorer countries. Discuss the
advantages and disadvantages of aiding poorer countries?
- Employers/Authorities of a company should take suggestions or ideas from employees in
taking any decision. To what extent do you agree or disagree?