PTE listening tips
PTE listening tips, all you need to listen very carefully and take notes wherever necessary. Listening is the last section of the PTE and it held for 45 to 57 minutes depends on the given questions in the exam. Here you are tested on your listening skills mainly, as well as having some integrated speaking & listening questions. For each question, you have the opportunity to adjust the volume. While the audio clip is playing, move the control bar to the right to increase the volume or to the left to decrease the volume. The item types it includes in this section are as follows:
- Summarise Spoken Text
- Multiple-choice, choose multiple answers
- Fill in the blanks
- Highlight correct summary
- Multiple-choice, choose single answer
- Select Missing word
- Highlight incorrect words
- Write from Dictation
PTE Tips for Summarize Spoken Text:
- Make a note while listening to the text, vomit the vowels and practice you can save a lot of time.
- Use the words, “The speaker says….”
- Concentrate on topic sentences and most repeated words.
- Time manage- 3 min plan, 5 min write, 2 min check (Spellings, Grammar).
Tips for Multiple & Single answer choices:
- Multiple answers types have the Negative marking.
- Most of the time answers rate of speech are fast so careful and listen.
- Answers are mostly paraphrased.
- Most of the answers you can find at the ending of listening so listen until it finishes.
- Most of the time, Pay close attention to the frequency words (always, often, sometimes, never many, all, never, only.. etc) eliminate those options and find the correct answer.
- Effectively heard word may not be correct word because it may be frequency word as above point.
Tips for Fill in the Blanks:
- Note the answers in erasable notepad given by them and later fill the answers.
- Check the spellings, Plurals.
- Answers may be the high rate of speech and sometimes.
Tips for Highlight Correct Summary:
- Note keywords in question.
- Skim the options within given time.
- Answers are paraphrased.
- Catch the end of words and listen to the ending off the topic, you can catch the correct answer.
- Concentrate on repeated words.
Tips for Missing words (Beep sound):
- Understand the context of the listening so you can answer the correct option.
Tips for Write from Dictation:
- Close your eyes and hear the text, so you can concentrate and remember it.
- Proofread for Spellings and Grammar mistakes.
Other Tips to follow for PTE Academic Listening English Exam:
- Make notes in erasable notepad
- Manage your time
- Be careful about negative marking
- Pay close attention to the frequency words
- Note keywords in question
- Concentrate on repeated words
- Write from Dictation(Always proofread for grammar and spellings mistakes)
- Check Spellings
- Skim the text before recording
I would recommend to focus mainly on 1,3, 7 and 8