PTE read aloud
PTE read aloud is quite straightforward and it is the first section in speaking module. Here you need to read paragraphs fluently.
Frequently asked PTE read aloud
- Domestication is an evolutionary, rather than a political, development. They were more likely to
survive and prosper in an alliance with humans than on their own. Humans provided the animals
with food and protection, in exchange for which the animals provided the humans their milk and
eggs and their flesh.
- Akimbo, this must be one of the odder-looking words in the language and puzzles us in part
because it doesn’t seem to have any relatives. What’s more, it is now virtually a fossil word, until
recently almost invariably found in arms akimbo, a posture in which a person stands with hands
on hips and elbows sharply bent outward, one that signals impatience, hostility or contempt.
- The problem begins with the alphabet itself. Building a spelling system for English using letters
that come from Latin – despite the two languages not sharing exactly the same set of sounds – is
like building a playroom using an IKEA office set.
- Modern buildings have to achieve certain performance requirements, at least to satisfy those of
building codes, to provide a safe, healthy, and comfortable environment. However, these
conditioned environments demand resources in energy and materials, which are both limited in
supply, to build and operate.
- Three professors from Hamburg University’s medical faculty traveled last month to Ingeborg’s
sitting room in East Berlin to test her on the work she carried out in pre-war Germany.
- This finding is understandable in certain cases in spite of its high significance; that is because
energy efficiency of building operation just represents a single aspect of sustainability.
- The numbers on US student debt, after all, are truly staggering. The average 2015 US university
a graduate who took out loans to help pay for tuition enters the workforce with $35,000 in
- The insults and criticism were not unexpected. What was surprising was people’s enthusiasm
for the competition. Thousands have participated in the discussion.
- Who do you think is the most glamorous person? A biotechnologist who led his company in
international research, an ordinary welder who gained international fame through his work, or a
Did photographer compliment widely for a series of photos?
- In the photo, the wild cat’s huge paws are clamped onto the side of the white safari Jeep in
which Chappell was a passenger. Almost as tall as the Jeep on her hind legs, she appears to be
forcing her muzzle into the back window.
- The Office of Personnel Management was the target of the attack, but data from nearly every
government agency was stolen. U.S. investigators say they believe Chinese hackers were behind
- While the Republican field is packed with male candidates, so far, some of the sharpest Clinton
critiques have come from women.
- Global warming is defined as an increase in the average temperature of the earth’s atmosphere.
This trend began in the middle of the 20th century and is one of the major environmental
concerns of scientists and government officials worldwide. The changes in temperature result
mostly from the effect of increased concentrations of greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere.
- As far as politics go, the responses are just as varied. Mitigation is common and calls for a
reduction of emissions and less reliance on fossil fuels. Coal-burning power plants are now
replaced with hydraulic power plants and electric cars are replacing some gasoline efficient
cars. Many people, however, feel that this is not enough.
- The border itself between Mexico and the United States is fraught with a mix of urban and desert
terrain and spans over 1,900 miles. Both the uninhabited areas of the border and urban areas
are where the most drug trafficking and illegal crossings take place. Crime is prevalent in urban
cities like El Paso, Texas and San Diego, California.
- Free trade is an economic policy under which the government does not interfere with trade. No
tariffs are applied to imports or exports, and people are allowed to trade goods and services as
they please. Supply and demand dictate the prices for which goods and services sell and are the
only factors that determine how resources are allocated in society.
- Unlike the United Kingdom, which has taken a relatively restrictive approach to the possession
of arms, the United States has taken a more lenient approach. In the United States, three
models have evolved regarding the interpretation of the meaning of the right to bear and keep
arms as delineated in the Second Amendment.
- Trade unions originated in Europe during the industrial revolution. Because of the machinery
that had become commonplace, skilled labor became less in demand so employers had nearly
all of the bargaining power. Employers mistreated the workers and paid them too little for the
work they did. Trade unions were organized that would help in the improvement of working
- Unions take the power out of the employer’s hands on many issues. There are examples of cases
where workers were engaging in sexual or racial harassment, but were protected by their unions
and allowed to keep their jobs. Poor workers and excellent workers often receive the same pay
and raise, giving no reason for a person to work harder than necessary at their job.
- Another administration option is to bake marijuana at a relatively low temperature to kill any
dangerous microorganisms and then allow that patient to eat it or drink it. Both of these
methods of administration make smoking the drug unnecessary. However, criticism of medical
marijuana has also been raised because as a natural plant, it cannot be patented and marketed
by pharmaceutical companies and is unlikely to win widespread medical acceptance.
- A smoking ban is a public policy that includes criminal laws and health regulations that prohibit
smoking in certain public places and workspaces. There are varying definitions of smoking
employed in this legislation. The strictest definitions define smoking as being the inhalation of
any tobacco substance while the loosest define smoking as possessing any lit tobacco product.
- Welfare has a special political meaning to the United States because it refers to how the poor
receive financial aid. In comparison, welfare services are regarded as a universal right in other
regions like Europe, where it is believed that all citizens should be able to obtain a minimal level
of social support and well-being.